terça-feira, 8 de setembro de 2015

#8 favourite season

Hello lovelies! A whole week of September has flown by, leading me closer to the beginning of the school year and all the excitement and anxiety that follow. With it, I've been writing for the Blog-tember Challenge for a whole week! More than I thought I could keep up with. Yay for me! It's been so much fun!

Brave Love Blog

Today's prompt is: Tell us about your favorite season. Why is it your favorite and what does it say about you?



As you can probably guess from the picture above, my favourite season is autumn! This picture was taken last year with my old phone's camera, near my university. The colours of the leaves were so beautiful that I didn't mind looking like a fool, taking pictures with my old Nokia in the middle of the street!

Here are some of the reasons why I love Autumn so much:

the colours. In my city, there are lots of trees everywhere, and when fall begins, the leaves acquire beautiful colours of red, yellow and brown. It's magical to just walk around the streets of Porto and marvel at their beauty during autumn.



the clothes. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy to think about knee socks, woolen sweaters, my brown boots, autumn dresses, plaid shirts, warm scarves... I love seeing myself in those outfits, when you can wear comfy clothes without the "freezing to death" feeling of winter.

the feeling of imminent change. Autumn comes with the beginning of a new school year, and new beginnings make me feel excited. There's so much uncertainty, but I can only hope and work towards a great year. I end up feeling more inspired during fall.

the food. With the colder days, come the cups of tea (I'm a massive tea drinker), the scones, the mug cakes... all the sweet treats I indulge in to keep myself motivated, haha. I love going to coffee shops with my love, eating delicious cakes and drinking tea or coffee.


the proximity to Christmas. Christmas is my absolutely favourite time of the year! I love singing Christmas songs, decorating the Christmas tree, buying gifts for my loved ones... and all this Christmas-related stuff starts on autumn, so there's one more reason for me to love it.

These are just some of the reasons. I think that Autumn is the season that resonates with me the most, as a self-proclaimed outgoing introvert, because I get to meet lots of people and to find a new reality every year, but I can always go home, sit on the couch with a blanket on my legs and a cup of tea on my hand and read lots and lots of books. It's a season of change, but also a season of comfortable things; the weather is unpredictable, and so am I. It's also that time in the year when I can actually say:



I feel SO excited for Autumn as I write this. I can't wait to get out of my house and be able to step on the crunchy leaves! 

What's your favourite season, and why?

Lots of love,
Mariana

6 comentários:

  1. I love fall too. I love the traditions and holidays, the weather, the smells, the foods, everything about it makes me happy! :)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Fall colors are SO BEAUTIFUL. I could sit and look at the changing trees all day!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I feel so excited for fall too!!! And I am also what I would assume is an outgoing introvert ;). No wonder fall resonates with me so much!

    ResponderEliminar