segunda-feira, 14 de setembro de 2015

#13 & 14 season + books

Whoops... seems like I've fallen behind a day on the Blog-tember Challenge! Since this weekend I barely spent any time at home (too much exciting stuff happening in town!), now comes the time to keep up with it!

Brave Love Blog


Create a collage or inspiration/mood board for this season in your life. (This was yesterday's prompt!)


(game of thrones; wanderlust; tea; driving at night; new york city; finding myself; photography; music + books = music books)

Today the theme is BOOKS! My absolute fave. I'm thrilled to tell you about my favourite books of all time! Click on the links to find these books' Goodreads pages if you want to know more.

The 5 books that have impacted your life the most. (I hope book sagas are valid, and I don't think I can choose only five!)

This book has had a huge impact in my high school life. It's a really heartfelt coming-of-age story of a shy boy who is starting high school, dealing with his own issues but also finding a new world of friends, parties, car rides, mixtapes, heartbreak and all that jazz that being a teenager in the 90's involved. As an introverted girl who also found a great new world in high school, this book really spoke to my heart. I've read it lots and lots of times, and it's probably my favourite book ever.

This was my favourite book as a child, I used to read it all the time when I was 8 or 9. Even today, I am greatly inspired by this beautiful story of four sisters growing up in the 19th Century. It's the kind of book that should be read by the fireplace with a cup of tea on my hand.

I read this book last year, I think, and I found it amazing. It has had a great influence on my views of the world. However, I don't think I want to read Go Set a Watchman, because I don't want it to change my idea of this story.

Anne Frank is one of my favourite people who ever lived. She was so young when she wrote this diary, and she had such a mature way of thinking. It fascinates me. Even with all the horrors she and her family suffered, she said, "Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart", and that thought is something that amazes me. I try to live with that in mind all the time.

5. Harry Potter by JK Rowling
There are no words for the Potter universe. I've been a Potterhead for as long as I can remember - I saw the first movie in the cinema when I was 5 - and this story is a part of me. I spent my childhood waiting for my Hogwarts letter, somehow. It was a great experience to grow up with these characters, and I never get tired of reading the books over and over again.

6. Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
I read all the books last summer, and I was absolutely smitten. Again, there are no words. I entered a beautiful fantasy world from which I didn't want to get out. These books bring me peace and hope ,when I need it, that everything will be alright in the end.

7. A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin
I'm still reading these, and I'm amazed by the writer's imagination and knowledge of human nature, the good and the bad. Even though bad stuff is always happening and my favourite characters keep dying, these storylines are just pure genius to me. I hope the next book comes faster, because I need to know more and more!

Well, these are my seven faves! What are yours?

lots of love,
Mariana

2 comentários:

  1. Yesssss Harry Potter! I'm glad I got to read the books as they were coming out. The suspense KILLED me! I still love them and read the series every year. :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Wow! That must have been awesome :) I definitely need to read them again! (for the 678676482th time)

      Eliminar