sexta-feira, 4 de setembro de 2015

#4 my passion

Hey there again! Today is Friday - most people's favourite day, the promise of the weekend is too exciting! - and another wonderful day for our Blog-tember Challenge!


Brave Love Blog

Today's prompt is a fascinating one: What are you passionate about?

This may be the most cliché thing ever, but I'm passionate about people and their stories. Last night I was watching an episode of ER, and they were interviewing some med school applicants who all said that they wanted to "help people", which made them sound dull and predictable. However, I don't think my passion is dull and predictable, so I'll try and put it into words as well as I can.

I wish to give people brighter days, by using the characteristics God gave me and the skills and knowledge I've been gaining throughout my entire life. When I was around fifteen, I decided that medicine was the best way for me to make myself useful to society. As a doctor - and no, I haven't decided my specialty yet - I'll be able to interact with people and, hopefully, improve their lives by improving their health. I'll have contact with a lot of different lives and stories, from which I'll surely learn a lot.

There's this saying that I've heard numerous times in medical school: "We shouldn't fix people to send them back to the conditions that made them sick", and I couldn't agree more with it. That's why I don't see myself as just a healer. I think everyone should have equal access to their basic needs and to opportunities in life, and I'm willing to do everything I can to help improve the quality of life of as many fellow humans as I can. Because we are so worth it. Humanity is so very flawed, but we are wonderfully made and we as the people of this world have potential for great things.

I'm also passionate about traveling, which may have something to do with my passion for people and their stories. I've been to quite a few cities in Europe, gone on a roadtrip to Italy and even visited New York, but my wanderlust is ever-growing, and I wish to visit as many places as I can in my life. That passion also reflects on my love for reading: it broadens my mind with countless stories and adventures that fill my imagination.

As a creative soul, I also express my passion through art, especially through photography and music. I still have a lot to learn, but I want to give as much of me as I can, in as many forms as possible.



What are YOU passionate about?

lots of love,
Mariana


8 comentários:

  1. Hi Mariana! I'm coming from the Blog-tember linkup. I'm so glad I came across your blog, that post was great! I absolutely love your explanation as to why you want to be a doctor. i'm extremely passionate about travel too!
    Thanks for posting!
    Annie
    http://miscellannieousannie.blogspot.com/

    ResponderEliminar
  2. You come across as a very passionate, focused and compassionate young lady. Am so pleased you found your calling and are following that calling. Love the photo (of you?)...[Glad I hopped over from Blog-tember]

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi, I love that you are passionate about people and their stories. I too am the same, I work as a nurse and i find sometimes people get so court up in the medical stuff they forget about the person, they forget about the story. Thank you for sharing.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Thank you for the kind comment! It's so important that we don't forget that people are the most important part of what we do. :)

      Eliminar
  4. Traveling is a great thing to be passionate about, you gain so much life experience. Great post!

    xoxo Lex // LexMeetsWorld

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Thank you! We have such a beautiful world, we might as well explore it. :)

      Eliminar