terça-feira, 1 de setembro de 2015

#1 Introduction!

Today marks not only the first day of one of my favourite months of the year - September is the month when summer collapses into fall in beautiful colours and when new dreams arise with the new school year - but also the start of the awesome-sauce Blog-tember Challenge, a great link-up hosted by Bailey Jean of Brave Love Blog!


Brave Love Blog

The prompt for today is: Introduce yourself however you like! Pics, collage, vlog, your choice!


So, without further ado, here are some facts about the girl in the picture above!

  • I'm 19 years old, and people either think I look older (because I get along with older people quite easily) or younger (because I'm really goofy and not at all a "proper lady"!)
  • I'm an INFJ, aka an outgoing introvert. I love people, but I need some alone time to keep myself going!
  • I have an extremely tall and handsome boyfriend, who goofs around with me all the time, but also knows my deep dark stuff and loves me for that. He's such a huge part of my life!
  • I'm a med student at the University of Porto, starting my second year in two weeks, which excites me a lot (I really miss the people, the learning oportunities and the uni activities!) but also terrifies me, because anxiety and exams.
  • I also study music! My #1 instrument is piano and I take musical theory classes as well, but I also play the guitar, and hopefully I'll buy an ukelele in the next few months.
  • I named my guitars Hannah Baker and Hazel Grace, in honor of characters from my favourite books at the time I got them (13 Reasons Why and The Fault in Our Stars, respectively). I'm naming my future ukelele after a character from Game of Thrones, even though I haven't decided which one yet.
  • I'm a total bookworm!! I take a book pretty much everywhere. My favourite book so far is The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. Currently, I'm reading A Dance with Dragons, the fifth book of A Song and Ice and Fire (the Game of Thrones saga). I've been reading all these books since Easter!
  • If you talk to me about Harry Potter, Game of Thrones or Lord of the Rings, prepare for my massive fangirling and for a huge discussion. Seriously! This past weekend I started watching the first Harry Potter movie with some friends and had a massive fangirling and nostalgia attack.
  • I secretly wish I could attend Hogwarts. In my dreams, I'd be in the Hogwarts Express as I type this.
  • I love love love to sing.
  • I am currently trying to learn as much as I can about photography. It's one of my favourite hobbies and I like to take my camera everywhere! I've recently invested on my analog camera and let's see how that turns out.
  • My favourite time of the year is Christmas! Christmas stuff makes me so happy. My favourite season of the year is Autumn - I love the clothes, the falling leaves, drinking tea with scones and hot coffee.
  • Panic! at the Disco have been my jam since the beginning of high school. Their most recent song, Death of a Bachelor, is soooo awesome!
  • If I could go out and have coffee with someone of my choice right now, it would be Carrie Hope Fletcher, my favourite youtuber. Her book came on the mail yesterday and I can't wait to read it! She seems to be such a nice, caring and uplifting person, and she's a huge role model to me!
  • God keeps me going, whether things are easy or difficult in my life. My faith is a huge part of my life; I'm a part of my church's youth choir, which has taught me a lot!
Wow, seems like I have a lot to say about myself. Thanks for sticking around and see you tomorrow, for Blog-tember Day Two!!

lots of love,
Mariana


4 comentários:

  1. Christmas is the best! And wow, you sing and play all those instruments!? Thats beautiful!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. All the yes for Christmas! Thank you so much! I'm no pro, but I surely do have fun making music :)

      Eliminar
  2. Oh, I'm so obsessed with Harry Potter! I've read the series about 20 times (usually once a year every fall). I think we'll get along. :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Oh my, so many times! I usually marathon all the movies every summer, but I haven't done it yet this year... definitely something that needs to be done :) Yes, yes we will!

      Eliminar