quinta-feira, 10 de setembro de 2015

#10 bucket list


Today, for the Blog-tember Challenge, the theme is... bucket lists!
10 items off your bucket list. If you haven't made one, now's a good time to start!

I've made tons of bucket lists at many different times of my life. Most of them refer to a specific year/school year and include vague things like "love myself more", "study daily" or "have fun". My best friend and I usually meet at the beginning of each new year and, together, we write a bucket list of things we want to accomplish that year. (Unless we feel like going with the flow.)

I don't like writing vague things on my blog. I think that's a waste of my readers' time, and that if people are going to read my words, they might as well be concise and authentic. So, today, I won't say I want to evolve in non-specific ways. I will present a list of specific things I want to do or achieve during my lifetime.

So, without further ado, here are 10 points off my bucket list!

1. Set my feet on the five continents. I want to know big cities, little villages, mountains, deserts, beaches, forests. Throughout my life, I want to make traveling a priority, by saving money to do so and by researching for the cheapest ways to explore as much as possible.

2. I want to get married and have a family, WHILE being a great professional. I want to prove that both things are compatible. I want to prove that we can have typically feminine roles AND be strong, determined and world-changing.

3. I have a list of all the books that have been referred to in Gilmore Girls and I mean to read them all.

4. I want to have a cat. My parents never liked pets, so they only let us keep canaries. They sang beautifully, but they're kinda boring... and I've always envied people who have cats and dogs in their houses.

5. Study abroad, through the Erasmus programme. Some of the countries I'd like to study in include: Denmark, England, Ireland and the USA.

6. Read the entire Bible. This may take a while, and I don't plan on reading it like I read a "regular" book, but it's something I really want to do.

7. Write a novel. I've tried to write a novel numerous times, but I always got lost on the storylines. I'll keep writing short stories until I find a bigger idea for a bigger story.

8. Take my camera with me to a random place for a day and take pictures of the people passing by, Humans of New York style.

9. Take ballet classes. (There are "ballet for adults" classes where I live, and ever since I was little I've dreamed of being a ballerina).

10. Finish my music certificates. (Hopefully I will complete my piano certificate this year, but the musical theory one might have to wait a year).

Well, there are so many more items that I could refer to, but these were the first that popped into my head!

One more day of Blog-tember completed. I've been having a blast writing these posts!

Brave Love Blog

Do you have a bucket list? If so, what kind of goals does it include?

lots of love,
Mariana

4 comentários:

  1. I love number 8! How fun and creative. I definitely encourage you to read the entire Bible. It took me a really long time and I almost gave up a few times in the old testament, honestly. But it's awesome.

    ResponderEliminar