sábado, 5 de setembro de 2015

#5 music that makes my heart sing

One, two, three, four... Five days, and I couldn't be more excited to keep up with the Blog-tember Challenge! It's been fascinating to write about these prompts and to read your posts. I wish I had the time to read all of them!

Brave Love Blog

Today, the theme is music. One of my absolute faves.
Put your iTunes/music player on shuffle and share the first 10 songs that play.
I don't really like using iTunes, but I have a huge playlist on Spotify where I put pretty much all the music I like, so that I can listen to it while I study. I've showed it to some of my colleagues, and they found it super effective!


Ready... set... GO!

1 - There Is A Light That Never Goes Out - The Smiths


and if a double-decker bus crashes into us
to die by your side is such a heavenly way to die

There was a time in my life when I wrote this part of the song on all my notebooks. I found it oddly romantic. Some time has passed since them, but this song has stayed with me to remind me of my "I-was-born-in-the-wrong-generation" era.

2 - Safe and Sound - Taylor Swift




I read the Hunger Games saga before the first movie came out (hipster much?), and by the time it did, I was completely addicted. My friends and I went to the first showing of it, right after classes had finished that day. It was an awesome experience, and this song played during the ending credits of that movie.

3 - I've Got A Dark Alley And A Bad Idea That Says You Should Shut Your Mouth - Fall Out Boy




Wow. This song brings me so many memories of my high school years. Fall Out Boy are one of my favourite bands, and this song means a lot to me because it speaks of the struggles I faced while trying to find myself in this messy world.

4 - Fall For You - Secondhand Serenade



This was probably the first non-classical song I learned to play in the piano, a bit of my lame-romantic era. I find it a good song even though it's kind of cheesy.

5 - The End of All Things - Panic! at the Disco




How could there not be a song by my favourite band ever? This song is hauntingly beautiful. The lyrics are the wedding vows of the lead singer, Brendon Urie, to his wife, Sarah. It's such a simple song - only the piano and his voice - and that's what makes it so raw and emotional.

6 - Awake My Soul - Mumford & Sons




Mumford & Sons are another of my favourite bands. Listening to their albums with a warm blanket around me, drinking tea, eating scones and watching the rain fall from my window sounds like a perfect winter plan.

7 - Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen




In my opinion, no one in the musical world can beat the geniality of Freddie Mercury and the rest of Queen. If you know me, you know that it's not unusual for me to start singing this song at the most random times. It's the most elaborate, genial song ever written for me.

8 - Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) - Hillsong United


Music is my favourite way of worship - that's why I'm on my church's youth choir. This song is one of my favourite worship songs, because it calms me down on my anxious moments and it reminds me of how trusting Jesus is the way.

9 - Nos Desenhos Animados - Os Azeitonas




What kind of Portuguese girl would I be if I didn't have any Portuguese music on my playlist? PLEASE listen to this song even if you don't understand the lyrics. It's a beautiful song about childhood love. It's really sweet!

10 - White Winter Hymnal - Fleet Foxes




Yes, I am aware that this may be considered a Christmas song. Yes, I listen to it all year. Problems? :p

lots of love,

Mariana

6 comentários:

  1. Oh, I looooved Fall for You by Secondhand Serenade back in the day. Awake my Soul is one of my favorites by Mumford & Sons...and Oceans is definitely one of my favorite worship songs. Love your playlist!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Seeing Queen and Muford & Sons on your list - awesome!! Going to check out the others that I don't know now :)

    ResponderEliminar