quinta-feira, 8 de dezembro de 2016

BLOGMAS - I am really, really thankful.

As a medical student, I live a stressful life. There are lectures to attend, books to study, deadlines to make. This stressful lifestyle is so glorified that sometimes I feel like there's some kind of competition, on who feels more stress and who suffers more because of it.

My life made me a very optimistic person and someone who looks for peace even if everything seems to be falling apart. When my anxiety comes by to say hello, I know that I have to do something to not let it win. And one of those things, for me, is practising thankfulness. I thank God for a lot of stuff daily, especially when I'm not feeling that good.

I'm thankful for:

the financial means to study something I love
my perseverance to keep doing it no matter how hard it gets
my true friendships
Christmas season, Secret Santa dinners and choosing gifts for people I love
the financial means to be able to give presents to those I love most
my loving family
cats
the existence of music to keep me sane
books
having access to a huge library where I can get more books
coffee and tea
cakes, muffins, pancakes, crepes, scones and chocolate
being able to watch football matches
having my driver's license and being able to drive my mum's car
but also riding the bus
Facebook conversations with my friends
Pilates classes
my health
being able to afford clothes I feel comfortable and good-looking in
my ability to sing decently
my positivity

I could go on and on, but then you people would get tired, so that's it for now!

lots of love,
Mariana

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário