sábado, 29 de outubro de 2016

Bodypositivitea!

I've decided to join two things I'm very passionate about - body positivity and tea - and make it a thing on my blog. So, whenever I feel like writing about this topic, I will do a Bodypositivitea post! If you're ready, grab your cup and a blanket ;)



Most of my friends at uni are very self-conscious about their bodies. They are ALL very beautiful girls and we compliment each other on a daily basis, while forgetting to compliment ourselves.
As I've mentioned before in this blog, I've struggled a bit with body image issues, and whereas I don't feel all shiny happy about my body everyday (I'm human guys!!) I think I've reached a point where I am okay with how I look, I eat what feels good and I exercise to feel in touch with my body. Here's how it's going:

- I haven't weighed myself in years probably, I don't even own a scale, and I don't care about it. It's not a matter of being unhealthy or not caring about my body. It's because I trust it with the ability of recognizing the nourishment it wants.
- I've been doing Pilates for almost a year and I think I'm getting quite good at it! I'm a perfectionist and I like to be good at everything I do so I'm happy! (For example, I'm a terrible runner and running makes me feel miserable) It makes me feel stronger and more aware of my position. 
- I look in the mirror and I quite like what I see. I pick clothes that I feel powerful and comfortable on. My favourites are skirts and dresses!
- I've fully embraced my voluminous, curly hair. I think that people often tend to dislike the parts of themselves that set them apart from the rest, while I think that those little details make people unique and more fascinating.
- I like to think of myself as a lionhearted woman who is not afraid to be herself, physically, emotionally and spiritually, and that's a BIG progress for me!

To anyone who's reading this: Don't let society or anyone tell you that your body is not good enough, or that you should restrict your eating, your lifestyle and your happiness to be better. You SHALL NOT do that. Eat what you WANT, what your body tells you to eat, exercise because it feels good and makes you breathe better. Even if I have never seen you I'm sure you're a beautiful person and I think you should think so too!

lots of love,
Mariana

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário