segunda-feira, 2 de novembro de 2015

stuff I'm thankful for: October

I've always found that listing the good things that have happened in a period of time helps me put my life in perspective: do the good things outnumber the bad ones? If not, what can I do to improve my life right now? That's why this idea came up: from now on, at the end of each month, I will write a list of the good things that have happened, so that I can reflect upon them and feel more thankful.

October has come and gone so fast! I can't believe it's November already: it seems like Christmas will be here any minute! Not that I'm complaining, because it's my favourite holiday. :)

From all the things that have happened this past month, I am especially thankful for:
  • Getting to know my new classmates better - 12-hour-long school days become more bearable when you are surrounded by funny people!
  • Hanging out with my best friends from uni. One of them had never seen the Harry Potter movies before (shame!!!) so, every now and then, we go to her house to show her these masterpieces. We also end up having good food, deep, meaningful talks and a great time overall.

  • Lifelong friends who know your heart, and who never leave even though most people do.
  • A boyfriend who, despite having lots of tests and stuff to study, always makes time to be with me. I've been learning that, in a relationship, it's not enough to have affection for the person. You have to keep choosing them, in order to love them better. Even if that means that most of your dates are study dates.
  • Analog photography. I've been experimenting with it  and I'm loving the results! I love capturing candid moments and beautiful landscapes, even if the price of it requires me to be more selective.
  • Festive occasions - in this case, Halloween. It's only a recent tradition in my country, but I still decorated my house for it, and I loved giving candy to the kids who went trick or treating in my neighbourhood! I think it's great that these kids are leaving their TVs and computers to get to know their neighbours better.

  • The beautiful sunsets of Autumn. I've been sharing lots of pictures on Instagram of the breathtaking sunsets I get to see.
  • Stepping on crunchy leaves!!

  • My new rain boots. I can jump on puddles of water with them. Yaaaay!


Well, that's all, folks - let's see what November brings!

lots of love,
Mariana

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário