sábado, 3 de setembro de 2016

Blog-tember Day 3 - Summer Faves

After such an exhausting semester, I was really looking forward to the holidays. Summer is not my favourite season, but oh my, did it feel good this year. We had a very hot summer here in Portugal (sadly, that caused a lot of forest fires), and I got to travel a lot, as well as getting some rest!


For today, I'll make a list of my favourite things this summer! (Can you already tell that I really like lists?)
  1. My roadtrip to the Netherlands and Germany. I went there with my parents and sister and we visited not only the capital cities, but also many smaller towns and that might have been the best part. I love how rich traveling makes me, I love learning about myself when I'm outside of my "comfort zone", and when I come back from traveling, I feel more appreciative of my hometown and more thankful for my life.
  2. My week in Cerveira, in the north of Portugal. I also went there with my family. The weather was SO NICE and I spent most of the time reading by the pool!
  3. Getting to see friends who don't go to uni with me, taking walks with them, going to the beach...
  4. My choir. In the last few weeks we've been doing lots of fun activities as a group and I'm so thankful for being a part of it (I have been so for 9 years!)
  5. BOOKS. I've read Me Before You by Jojo Moyes, The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin, Eva Luna by Isabel Allende, Carry On by Rainbow Rowell and The Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante!
Well, now autumn/fall is coming and I'm so excited! I love seeing the leaves, wearing sweaters, and the feeling of imminent change :)

What were some of your favourites this summer?

love,
Mariana 

 





4 comentários:

  1. Beautiful! From a small town girl a road trip to Germany and the Netherlands is a dream!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. It was a dream indeed! Road trips bring so much freedom, you can visit whatever you want :)

      Eliminar
  2. Traveling, reading, singing in a choir, and being with friends all sound like fabulous summer favorites!

    ResponderEliminar