quinta-feira, 6 de agosto de 2015

wait for me, new york city

Two or three years ago, my parents promised me that, if I got into the college of my choice (which I did!), they would pay us all a trip to New York, and, in 24 hours time, that promise will be fulfilled.

(from weheartit.com)

Needless to say, I'm ecstatic. It will be my first time outside of Europe and my first long flight (8 hours in a plane!). I've been reading many traveling blogs and Pinterest posts and they've been making me even more excited. There's just too much to see and experience, and, sadly, I won't get to do everything in just a week.

The musical theatre fan in me is jumping with the prospect of finally seeing the Broadway lights. The Empire State Building, the 9/11 Memorial, the Statue of Liberty... the list could go on and on and on and still it wouldn't be enough. Because, whenever I travel, there's something else that makes every trip magical.

As usual in this blog, the answer is stories.

I'm fascinated by experiencing new cultures, and, even though I've had some contact with American culture in high school with exchange programmes, I've never been in it. I can't wait to wander around the streets of New York City, to sit in coffee shops and observe people. I want to create memories on those streets, with my family and the strangers around me. I don't want a tourist experience, I never wanted one.

I want to absorb every sensation, every word and every story! I want to be a part of that magnificent city, even if it's only for a week. I want to leave my mark and to bring bits of NYC back home. I just can't wait.

When I come back, I don't want to leave it all behind. I want to have stories to share with my friends, my boyfriend and the rest of my family. I want to have SO MANY STORIES to tell that my future grandchildren will tell me to shut up whenever I start talking about this trip.

Coming back won't be all that sad, because then my boyfriend will also come back from Japan, and we'll finally get to see each other after a month apart. But, meanwhile, I'll try and make the most of this incredible opportunity.

Lots of love,
Mariana

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário